01 January 2009

2009

Day one of 2009 is drawing to a close... Well it has been just another day for me...

I have been busy relaxing and enjoying the close companionship of Jersey... Though he has started this year with a limp which is not a good sign...

My holiday has been relaxing and refreshing.... I have caught up with old friends... hung out with new friends... seen friends that I have not seen for a long time... dewormed my stomach, slept lots which is soething that is so rare...

Think the most interesting thing that happened this year (okay it is only a day old but hey still...) is that Ray and I were out for dinner and coffee (desert too!) We went to Starbucks at Marina Square and ordered a Venti Joy tea (a blend, of black, green and Oolong) to have there... I happily drank the tea and we walked out of the shop... then the old man asked if we paid for the drink and for the life of us, we couldnt remember if we did or not... so back to Starbucks we went and asked the staff if we paid for the drink... They were stunned and asked around... Finally, someone remembered that we ordered the tea, she served us and the other person was supposed to mend th register but there was a breakdown somewhere and we had a "thank you for your honesty"- we had not paid for the drink!

Well while walking around tonight, I found out something else that I have in common with Ray... Nope not going to tell... me to know... you never to find out....

Right time to say good night. hello 2009, good bye 2008...Hope this year is another year filled with many wonderful memories, happy thoughts and significant earth shaking events....

2 comments:

The Laydee said...

Happy New Year Joy. Thank you for dropping by :)

There should be more people like you nowadays. Good heart with high level of honesty. I should be grateful to have our path crossed.

Take care Joy, and keep in touch!

Unknown said...

happy new year joy! =)