31 December 2007

Dog Sitting

Well it has been an interesting few days...

I have a new profession and that is (drum roll)--- a dog sitter...

Has been a great learning curve for me... I have been learning how to clean up after a dog... feed him... take him for walks... and basically the joys of owning a dog... Well he is a really cute dog and guess the change of environment was a bit too traumatic for his little system- he was peeing and pooping in the weirdest of places... But well now I am armed with a little bag, paper towels and him when we go out ready to pick up after him...

I think I am going to miss him when he is gone... he is really attached and is constantly walking around with me... well any movement from me and he is up and ready to rock and roll... the good thing of course is he sleeps inthe living room at night but (that is after a lot of coaxing and me just about lying there with him) is up bright and early waiting for me outside my bedroom door every morning... He thought he could be a sneak last night and fall asleep in my room instead....

Okie now for the formal introduction...

This is Jersey (technically my cousin's dog) Now a temporary resident in my place... Was told that he makes a run for it when the door is open but hey no such episodes as of yet... he makes a run for it when he is leashed up ready for his walk... man he really runs!!!!

His present position as I am writing this blog... right at the doorway to the room... making sure and checking that I am still around... Oh and btw, I officially smell like dog! He licks me every morning both wrists and ankles to make sure it is the right scent! No need for perfume!

But all in all he is a great dog no fuss at all... happy to sleep and walk and play...

No comments: