16 July 2008

the excitement for the day...

Smoke= Fire= Smell= Fire engines+ firemen+police

Okay it has been a really exciting day today... I was happily out with my Mum going to get a massage done when the housing agent called to ask where we were... I was on the other side of the island... He told us that there was smoke billowing out of the apartment and we had to rush home in a hurry!!!!

I have never driven that quickly from west to east in early rush hour traffic... I was so worried as Jersey is at home... I don't know how I was able to drive steadily and get the car home in one piece... The sight that greeted me was one fire engine and many motorcycles sitting in  the drive way with a whole swam of police and firemen in the house... The lift smelt like a bad fire and by that time, my hands were shaking really uncontrollably.... Thank goodness nothing was burnt (as we had accidentally left a stove burning).... Jersey was all right- just badly shaken and reeking of smoke... 

Now the whole house smells like a bbq gone really bad.... Don't think any air freshner will help the cause.... 

No comments: