16 August 2008

I survived

Okay... it is the weekend... Am suppose to be sleeping in.... But alas am awake bright and early... Guess it is ok... 

Well this week has been a blur as it has been planning meetings, team meetings, staff meetings, team building, training sessions... Must say that it has been a long week.... Have to let all the dust settle before I get  everything...

It has been raining quite a bit... Thunderstorms to be more exact... they usually roll in around lunch time and with the loud claps of thunder that rumble... then comes the lightning which you cna literally hear and see wich flashes so brightly... As quick as they come, they dissappear very quickly too... 

But I was caught in one last night... Went to top up my mobile (been using it too much)... the walk is not bad but think the hazzards make it more interesting...  Other than the bicycles, the motor bikes, the taxis, the cars that turn even though the light is red... The other challenge is that the pavement material they choose to use here is so wet unfriendly... I mean they are slippery and a hazzard to walk on... I have slipped so many times that I have lost count... and they use it everywhere right up to the foot of my building... why use smooth granite looking tiles  without any grip???

Right time to head out to explore Shanghai some more.... Till next time...

No comments: